The RenoMark™ symbol identifies those renovation contractors who have agreed to the Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association (GVHBA) Code of Ethics as well as a renovation-specific Code of Conduct. RenoMark™ renovators are professional contractors who provide warranties, who understand the value of customer service during and following projects, and who have access to information on current trends, the latest materials and new regulations.
- Be a member in good standing with the GVHBA
- Abide by the GVHBA Code of Ethics
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including scope of work) for all jobs
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair)
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers' liability and/or only work with subcontactors who carry such coverage
- Carry all applicable licences and permits
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge on current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education at GVHBA
- Maintain a safe and organized work site
- Return phone calls within two business days
Find a GVHBA RenoMark™ member in your area.
If you'd like to approach your renovation or addition with confidence, reduce the risk, minimize the inconvenience, and maximize the pleasure and added value that a well-conceived and executed project can add to your home, we have the guide for you.
The RenoGuide is essential reading that will introduce you to the five steps to a successful renovation - including selecting a reputable renovator. Get the most out of your renovation - read before you renovate!
Read the Reno Guide.