How does being a member of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association benefit me?
- GVHBA builds consumer confidence. Be known as a professional in your field!
- GVHBA provides resources to make your business more successful.
- GVHBA provides major marketing opportunities for your business!
- GVHBA provides networking opportunities to meet industry leaders and develop your business.
Who are GVHBA members?
- New home builders ranging from small building companies to BC’s largest builders
- Renovators ranging from small to large companies across Metro Vancouver
- Trade contractors including plumbers, electricians, drywallers, carpenters (and the list goes on)
- Leading manufacturers of brand-name building products and supplies
- Suppliers from building supply chains and other individual local companies
- Financial institutions such as banks, credit unions, mortgage providers, and warranty providers
- Governments and Associations from municipal, provincial and federal groups
- Service and professional groups including designers, lawyers, accountants, realtors, marketing companies, media people and more
- Any company with an interest in promoting or doing business with the residential construction industry in the Greater Vancouver area
How do I join GVHBA?
Call the office at 778-565-4288 or request a membership information package.
When are applications for membership approved?
Prior to the monthly Board of Directors meeting, all applications for membership are submitted to the general GVHBA membership for review and comment. Then, at the GVHBA Board of Directors meeting, applications are reviewed and the Board votes to accept new members.
What are the requirements for membership in GVHBA?
- All applicants are required to submit a completed application form and a bank reference letter. Applicants must also agree to abide by GVHBA’s Code of Ethics.
- Builders and renovators must submit four referrals in total, two of which must be GVHBA members. Where applicable, Homeowner Protection Office and third-party warranty information must also be submitted. Space to provide referees' contact information is found in the application form.
- All other membership categories must submit two referrals with their application, both of which must be GVHBA members. Space to provide referees' contact information is found in the application form.
- Applicants wishing to join as Renovators must participate in the RenoMark™ program. A small additional yearly fee applies and every participant receives a certificate and promotional material.
What does GVHBA do?
GVHBA is the voice of the residential construction industry in Greater Vancouver. We provide our members with industry representation at all levels of government and media, as well as education and promotion opportunities. See Join GVHBA and Benefits for more information.
May I use the GVHBA logo on my website or with advertising my company does?
If you are a member in good standing, a company may use the GVHBA logo. For digital versions, please contact Wendy at wendy at gvhba.org.
When are the dinner meetings or luncheons held?
These functions take place October, November, February, March, April and June, usually the first Wednesday of the month. Members can book tabletops to promote their products or services. The meetings are an excellent opportunity to network with peers and industry leaders, as well as keep up to date with residential construction isssues.
How can I get involved with the Association?
The committees, councils and task forces are the backbone of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association. They are a forum for exchanging ideas, promoting best practises, networking and education. To join, contact the office at 778-565-4288.
Can non-members attend dinner meetings or committees?
Non-members can attend a dinner meeting as a guest with a member of GVHBA or if invited by staff. Committees, councils or task forces are strictly for members.
How do I apply for a Georgie Award?
CHBA-BC oversees this awards programme. Call their office at 604-432-7112 or visit their website at www.chbabc.org Please note that this is a members only awards programme.
How can I advertise in Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association publications?
Only members may advertise in GVHBA publications and on the website. Please contact the office at 778-565-4288 for more details.
What are the benefits of advertising in Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association publications?
Advertising at events, in publications or on the website allows you to promote and reach two target audiences: builders and other industry businesses and consumers. Contact the office at 778-565-4288 for more information.