Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics
- Members shall comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the homebuilding industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as Members of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association.
Complaints and Ethical Issues
Complaints about GVHBA members are dealt with according to the Canadian Home Builders' Association Code For Disciplinary Action. A Complaints Committee addresses issues around possible improper conduct of members. Complaints about members or industry-related companies, products or services must be made in writing, accompanied with a verified statutory declaration or similar sworn statement and addressed to:
Robert de Wit
Greater Vancouver Home Builders' Association
#1003, 7495 - 132 Street